Saving the Bees is something I feel very passionate about, so lets all take action!!
I have released a new print in my shop. It's a hand drawn botanical illustration of some plants and herbs we can grow in our gardens, or on our balconies. If you live in an apartment like me, you can still encourage bees to visit and make a contribution to support the bee population.
Einstein once said: "If the bee disappeared off the face of the Earth, man would only have four years left to live"
Mind blowing isn't it!
So what can we do to save the bees and educate our kids about the importance of these amazing creatures?
- Plant bee friendly gardens, and stop using insecticides. See my print to see what plants are best for attracting bees to your garden
- Support local bee keepers. Next time you are visiting your local market, look out for people selling honey, you can also check your local co-op or look up local honey in your area.
- Build your own bee house, Pinterest is a great place to find ideas on how to do this.
- Don't weed your garden, weeds like dandelion are an excellent source of food for bees.
- Create a bee bath in your garden for bees to drink from using a shallow bowl and rocks and fill it with fresh water.
I hope you can take the time to get out in the garden with the kids and do some of these things, please tag me on Instagram I would love to see!
To shop my print click here